No Products in the Cart
How to Fall Asleep Fast at Night
An increasing number of people are beginning to recognize the importance of a good night's sleep for physical and mental health. But sometimes work or other stressors make falling asleep quickly not an easy thing. This, coupled with tossing, turning and thinking about not sleeping, is more likely to make it difficult to fall asleep. And sleep loss could lead to poor concentration at work or school, which might further negatively affect the daily life. So if you find that falling asleep fast is hard for you, some of the sleep tips presented in this sleeping guide may be helpful.
Tips to Fall Asleep Fast
1.Build Your Comfortable Bedroom
Keeping your bedroom comfortable matters to a restful sleep but is often overlooked. The light, noise, temperature and the bedding are essential to create an ideal sleep environment. A relaxing room that excludes stressful reminders, like the work documents, the treadmill or even the alarm clock, will also help you sleep faster.
· Find your ideal mattress and pillow: High quality mattresses and pillows are crucial to a comfortable and deep sleep as they help to maintain proper spine alignment and avoid body aches and pains. So if your old mattress or pillow is unable to make you sleep comfortable, you might consider to buy a new one. Now some bedding is even designed with additional temperature regulation property, like cooling gel mattresses and cooling pillows, which is suitable for those who tend to sleep hot at night.
Best for hot sleepers, Novilla cooling gel mattresses are on sale.
· Create a Light-Less & Quiet Sleep Environment: For an ideal sleep environment, firstly, try to turn off the lights and the electronics, and use heavy window curtains to prevent the outside light or noise penetrating into your room. Secondly, if necessary, wearing the sleep mask and noise abatement earplugs helps you reduce the sleep interruption. And to some extent, your could even put on some relaxing sounds, like rain sounds, ocean sounds, and fan sounds, to make you stress-free.
· Reset Proper Room Temperature: Studies have noted that several forms of insomnia are actually associated with higher body temperatures. The ideal temperature for sleeping is around 70°F (20°C). By making bedrooms cooler, it can help you sleep faster in a comfortable temperature.
· Use essential oils: Sometimes smell will influence your emotions. And essential oils or scented candles can provide a relaxing and fresh smell for your bedroom, such as lavender and vanilla. They may help you relax physically and mentally.
2.Cultivate Good Habits for Sound Sleep
In addition, it is equally important to cultivate some good habits for falling asleep fast as this can determine how long it will take you to relax. There are some habits that you should develop.
· Avoid heavy food and stimulating drinks at night: The former forces your stomach to work during the night, which might lead to poor sleep, and the latter, stimulates your nervous system and may stop your body from naturally relaxing at night. So remember, don’t drink caffeine or alcohol before you go to bed. Eating bland diets, such as sweet potato, banana, hummus, fishes 2-4 hours before bed is recommended.
· Increase light exposure during the day: Daily sunlight or artificial bright light exposure can improve the quality and duration of sleep, especially if you have severe sleep problems or insomnia.
· Exercise regularly: Regular exercise not only builds up your body but also helps you fall asleep faster and wake up feeling energetic. Especially, practicing some aerobic exercises and doing yoga or tai chi are the best ways to refresh yourself and improve your sleep quality. However, please note that try not to do some strenuous exercises at night, such as boxing, running stairs and playing basketball, which will make you excited and harder to fall asleep.
· Reduce long daytime naps: Long daytime naps can affect your sleep quality negatively, but short naps benefit a lot. Therefore, if you find it difficult to sleep at night, try to stop snoozing too close to the evening or shorten your afternoon naps.
· Take a relaxing bath or shower: Some studies indicate that taking a bath or shower in warm water can help improve overall sleep conditions and help people fall asleep faster. Sometimes bathing you feet in hot water may also help.
· Try the 4-7-8 breathing method or the military method: The 4-7-8 breathing method and the military method have proven to be the fastest and most popular techniques to help you fall asleep. But it will take you a while to practice it. In addition, try to get into a regular sleep-wake cycle, even on weekends. If possible, try to wake up naturally at a similar time each day.
3.Ask for Professional Help
If the above tips do not help you sleep better, you should not be anxious. Just ask your doctor or medical consultant for help, as they are more professional and experienced. Follow their medical advice to determine if you need to take supplements such as melatonin, magnesium, etc.; or to get additional treatments.
You'd also join Novilla Facebook group. We are ready to share more sleeping things with you, including sleep tips, mattress or bedding buying guides, and even some exclusive discounts of Novilla products, etc. You are also welcomed to share your ideas or questions, and we could communicate with each other. May you click here to learn more.
3 Mattress Features to Consider for a Good Night’s Sleep
What Mattress Thickness Is Right for You?
How to Choose a Right Pillow for You？
This guide/article is for informational purposes only and should not replace the professional advice from your doctors and medical consultants.